Monday, June 6, 2011

Ina's Fennel Potato Gratin

One of my favorite recipes:  Ina Garten’s Fennel Potato Gratin

I have a few recipes that are standbys and I know they will always be tasty and a big hit.  I often do my own variations at times but often make this one per the recipe. 

I make these potatoes a few times a year.  They are not for the faint at heart - meaning loaded with cream and cheese but very delicious.  They are a great item to bring to a pot luck, which I did last weekend.  As usual they were hit.  However, I have to give the credit to Ina.  I would like to try and make a vegan version soon with cashew cream and something to give it the Gruyere punch. I will have to think on this one.  But anyway, here is the recipe (click on the word "recipe" to go to the link)and a picture of part of the process.



Sauteing Fennel and Onions



I think I was amiss and did not take a picture of the final product (but here it is cooking).The finished product is always impressive. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cinda...where do I find this recipe..I think vegetarian hubby Eric would
    love this...what do you serve it with?

    ReplyDelete