Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Pizza Oven

So I've been out of commission for a while due to a nasty stomach flu bug but I am almost back to 100%.  We have several projects going on as well that are keeping me busy.  Robb and Ben made some great progress on our wood fired pizza oven.  Only a few more cement blocks and we're ready to start building the forms for the oven hearth.  We can't wait to taste our first pizza!
Ready for concrete

Oven stand almost completed - beer makes stronger concrete!

 We were hoping to have this done by now because on July 5th we start our kitchen remodel.  We'll keep you updated on the progress.



The appliances are bought.  The cabinets, hardware, and eating bar are all decided on, just can't decide about the back splash.  I am soooo excited to get going but have never been without a kitchen for 6 weeks.  I'll have to be creative with the barbecue and microwave.  Our daughter Kate is going to help by cooking for us and packing our work lunches a few times a week which should make life easier.  Without a kitchen I will be lost!  

2 comments:

  1. Lucky girl! It will be so much fun to have your very own pizza oven!!
    Hey Cin...have you seen the little glass tiles, they would look amazing for a backsplash. Call me and I can show them to you. See you soon.

    xo Glad

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, and a welcome addition to the back yard!

    ReplyDelete